Hygrolon Panels and Lianas
Hygrolon was developed after studying how epiphytic plants grow in nature on moss and bark. The roots of epiphytes absorb the water in the bark. As they do, the moisture spreads evenly through the bark which ensures the substrate is never wet.
The aim of Hygrolon was mimic these effects to create a synthetic growing media for epiphytes, whilst also being 100% inert and non-decomposable.
The benefits of hygrolon are:
- Holds 280 % of water
- Wicks and lift water vertically up to 320 mm
- Is 100% inert and free from degradation.
- Is an eco-friendly alternative.
- Acts as an excellent substitute for other organic growth substrates such as sphagnum, cork, bark, xaxim etc.
- For terraria, vivaria, orchid and greenhouse use.
Please note this is a pre-order and will start to ship in June 2020. Please see our Pre-order FAQ page for more information.